You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Find a doctor
Search by Name
Search by Specialty
Please Select a Specialty
Search by Keyword
* Please type in name or select a speciality
Find a Doctor
Message from the Chairperson
Faculty and Clinicians
Mission and Vision
AUBMC Core Values
Child Protection Program
Divisions & Services
Adult Psychiatry and Psychology Outpatient
- Addiction Program
- Psychosis Recovery Outreach Program
- Eating Disorder Program
Comprehensive Cognitive Rehabilitation Program
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Psychiatry Partial Hospitalization Program
Psychiatry Inpatient Unit
Arab Research Center
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Psychology Training Program
Mental Health Academy
Master's in Psychiatric Nursing
Faculty of Medicine
Cynthia Roukoz, MA, MSc
Psychological Assessment Center | Psychiatry Dpt
American University of Beirut Medical Center
Education and Training
Doctorate in Psychology from Angers University, France.
Post-graduate training in Pediatric Neuropsychology from Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institute, USA.
Master's in Clinical Neuropsychology from Angers University, France,
Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Saint Joseph University, Beirut
Bachelor’s in Psychology from Saint Joseph University, Beirut.
Cognitive Rehabilitation Post-graduate Training from the American Congress Of Rehabilitation Medicine, USA.
Certified in Neurofeedback Therapy
Member of the International Neuropsychological Society
Clinical Work at the department
- Clinical evaluations and assessments of children and young adults with neurodevelopmental disorders (Intellectual Disability, Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Disorder etc.)
- Clinical evaluations and assessment of children, adults, and elderlies with acquired cognitive impairments due to various medical conditions (i.e. traumatic brain injuries, concussions, strokes, brain tumors, brain surgery etc.)
- Cognitive assessment of children, adolescents and adults with epilepsy and genetic conditions.
- Clinical evaluations and assessments of elderlies with neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s Disease or else. Assessments include objective measures of mental status, memory, attention, language, motor, visual spatial, executive functions as well as behavioral and emotional functioning.
- Clinical evaluation and cognitive assessments of adults with cognitive complaints (i.e. poor attention, memory etc.), secondary to psychiatric conditions such as Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Episodes etc.
- Follow-up consultation sessions for teachers, therapists, and/or parents to assess students’ response to intervention and provide evidence-based recommendations.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy to address cognitive weaknesses secondary to any medical condition (including psychiatric conditions) (i.e. Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Strokes, Traumatic Brain Injury, Concussions, Brain surgery, Schizophrenia, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder etc.)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to address behavioral, emotional, and cognitive weaknesses accompanying neurological disorders (i.e. Fronto-Temporal Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Traumatic Brain Injury).
Executive function development in Lebanese Children, Developing culturally appropriate tests of executive functions in children, Cognitive functioning in epileptic syndromes.
., Kanj, R., Maalouf, F., & Zeinoun, P. (2019). Neuropsychological Findings in Hamamy Syndrome: A Clinical Case Report. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 00, 1–7. doi:10.1017/S1355617718001133
., Er Rafiqi, M., Le Gall, D., Bellaj, T., & Roy, A. (2018). A Systematic Review of Cross cultural Studies on Executive Functions in Children. International Journal of Psychology and Neuroscience, 4(3), 1-31
., Le Gall, D., & Roy, A. (2018). Fonctions exécutives, environnement et contexte chez l’enfant. In Aubin, G., & Dubois, C, Neuropsychologie de l'enfant: Approches cliniques, modélisations théoriques et methodes (pp. 169-186). Beligum, Louvain-La-Neuve: De Boeck
., Le Gall, D., & Roy, A. (2017). Executive functions in children: development, cultural influences, and clinical perspectives. Rev Neuropsychol, 9 (1), 27-34. doi:10.1684/nrp.2017.0405.
3rd Middle East and North Africa Regional Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International, Beirut, Lebanon (September 2019)
Traumatic Brain Injury Symposium, AUBMC, Beirut, Lebanon (December 2017)
Lebanon Memory Group for Clinical Research (GMRC), 2nd meeting on Neuropsychology, Beirut, Lebanon (November 2017)
3eme journée scientifique d’Epsilon Association Médicale et Sociale pour l’Epilepsie. Faculty of Medicine, Saint-Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon (November 2017)
3eme journée scientifique d’Epsilon Association Médicale et Sociale pour l’Epilepsie. Faculty of Medicine, Saint-Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon (November 2016)
Page Content 1
A - Z