- Adult psychotherapy- Child and adolescent psychotherapy- Inpatient psychological management- Psychological testing and assessment- Consultation Liaison- Palliative care- Special programs and group interventions: psychosis program, eating disorder program, substance abuse program ….
Supervision:Supervision is provided on a weekly basis, on an individual basis as well as in group format for both adult and child/adolescent case discussions.
Didactics:Psychology interns follow a number of hours of didactic teaching per week, including weekly journal club discussions, grand rounds, training workshops, specialized lectures and more.
Program tracks:The program has two tracks:- Adult track - Child and adolescent track Students choose to specialize in a track at the start of their 2nd year.
Duration of the program:The Clinical Psychology Training Program at AUBMC covers two academic years. The first year may be included as practicum courses within the MA program, and the second year completed post-MA. Students from doctorate programs are also welcome to apply.Students who are accepted in the program will commit to two years of training, at the end of which they will obtain a diploma of training in clinical psychology from AUB-MC Department of Psychiatry.
Application process:- Average grade of 80 or above over 100 in the graduate courses- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages.Applications should be submitted to the department of Psychiatry and addressed to Mrs. Nibal Safah, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be interviewed. Application materialThe following are required to be submitted when applying:• An updated CV• Copies of transcripts of grades for undergraduate and graduate courses• A statement of purpose indicating your interest in the program, past achievements and experiences, your goals from the programs, and your future career plans. • Application deadline: April 30.
Prerequisite courses• Graduate course in Psychopathology• Graduate course in Psychotherapy theories• Graduate course in Developmental Psychology (for those who are interested in the child track)• Graduate course in Psychological Testing and Assessment
Please review the application process on the following link
Candidates currently enrolled in a master level program or above can apply. The priority is for MA/MS level students. Students at Ba level may also apply upon space availability
Please note the following:
1. Visiting students can participate in the Clinical Psychology training program activities.
2. Application process: Available electives are assigned on merit and on availability. Application will be processed when completed form is received including applicant’s transcript of record and L.L. 75,000 non-refundable processing fee. Upon acceptance into an elective rotation, an elective fee of L.L. 75,000 (US$ 50) will be collected.
3. Tuition fee: The Faculty of Medicine does not impose a tuition fee for the elective clerkship of visiting students if the duration of stay is 4 weeks.
4. Visiting students, must wear proper clothes that are not revealing and that are suitable for the elective.
5. In case of acceptance, lodging, boarding and health insurance will be at your own expense.
Special programs cannot be devised to suit special requirements by
the student or their sponsors. Participation in elective educational and
training activity should not impose any liability on the Faculty of
Medicine, Department of Psychiatry .
6. Application material should be sent to:
Ms. Nibal Safah, email@example.com Residency Program Coordinator Department of Psychiatry American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC) P.O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, LEBANON Building 56, 5th floor Tel: 01350000-ext: 5664
- List of Requirements:
• CV • Copy of Identification card or passport - Payment Methods
Payment could be made through: 1. Banker’s Check to the order of “American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine”
2. Wire transfer to: